Ben’s Bargains did not have a consistent brand experience across all devices. They had an mDot version of the site and a fan-made app in the App Store.
- Have a better user experience than current design solutions
- Be competitive in the coupon/online deal marketplace
- Drive participation in deal alerts (and push notifications)
- Increase mobile traffic and daily users.
- Designed user flows
- Created InVision prototypes
- Conducted usability and user research (usertesting.com)
- Used Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design to inform design decisions
- Delivered final assets
- Created marketing/promotional material.
These apps presented several new challenges for me. This was the first time I worked with developers in different timezones. Also, I took this project over from another designer and the project transferred owners.
Having no design documentation or consistent project files meant I learned the value of clear communication and requirements gathering.
I fell in love with Material Design (which was fairly new at the time) designing the Android app.
Roles in this project: Visual and Interaction design, strategy, wireframes/layout, in collaboration with the shopping and mobile teams.
Note: the app has been updated since I left the company.
- Date: May 2014 - December 2015
- Client: Internet Brands
- Categories: Research, Interaction Design, UX, Mobile, Visual Design, Usability Testing